[MOAB-dev] Changing the options format in iMesh

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Mon Nov 15 12:13:04 CST 2010

In order to be compatible with the iMesh spec, we need to change the
options format. Currently, it seems that MOAB uses the old iMesh-defined
options syntax. Should we continue to support this syntax, or should
MOAB use the new iMesh syntax? (Or maybe MOAB should have its own
syntax?)

For reference, the new way is "impl1:opt1 impl2:opt2", e.g. "moab:silent
moab:foobar". If MOAB got its own syntax instead of just doing this, I'd
expect the options to look like "silent foobar" by the time it got to
MOAB. Options for other implementations would be stripped at the iMesh
level.

- Jim