[MOAB-dev] Getting ent set data when tag_size > 1

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sun Apr 18 14:14:41 CDT 2010

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:04:23 -0500, James Porter <jvporter at wisc.edu> wrote:
> There are also places where interleaved storage seems to be preferred,
> e.g. iMesh_createVtxArr:
> <http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/ITAPS/browser/MOAB/trunk/itaps/imesh/iMesh_MOAB.cpp#L1254>
>
> Whether the internal memory structure is interleaved or not, the blocked
> versions of every function I see are more complicated than the
> interleaved versions. It seems like the "default" really is interleaved,
> even if it's organized differently in memory.

This reminds me that it was seeing such things in the iMesh_MOAB source
that suggested that INTERLEAVED was the native format.  If MOAB's
internal storage is actually BLOCKED then presumably the iMesh
implementation could be updated at some arbitrary point in the future
(when someone is bored. ;-)).

Jed