[MOAB-dev] Getting ent set data when tag_size > 1

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 09:51:08 CDT 2010

Yeah.  Believe it or not, that implementation predates the current sequence implementation in MOAB.

As a more general point, on this same subject, there needs to be a more accessible way of iterating over contiguous
blocks of handles, in MOAB's interface at least, and possibly in iMesh (or an extension).  This may have more to do with
documentation than anything else.

- tim

Jed Brown wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:04:23 -0500, James Porter <jvporter at wisc.edu> wrote:
>> There are also places where interleaved storage seems to be preferred,
>> e.g. iMesh_createVtxArr:
>> <http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/ITAPS/browser/MOAB/trunk/itaps/imesh/iMesh_MOAB.cpp#L1254>
>>
>> Whether the internal memory structure is interleaved or not, the blocked
>> versions of every function I see are more complicated than the
>> interleaved versions. It seems like the "default" really is interleaved,
>> even if it's organized differently in memory.
>
> This reminds me that it was seeing such things in the iMesh_MOAB source
> that suggested that INTERLEAVED was the native format.  If MOAB's
> internal storage is actually BLOCKED then presumably the iMesh
> implementation could be updated at some arbitrary point in the future
> (when someone is bored. ;-)).
>
> Jed

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.