[MOAB-dev] buildbot failure in Fathom on moab-par

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Tue Dec 8 17:42:07 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 16:56 -0600, Tim Tautges wrote:
> Excellent, this is what I wanted to see.  I think it would be helpful to see at least some of the output from the
> failing build; is there a way to get a tail of the output?  I've found it annoying when I have to browse the web just to
> find simple failures, so I think this is relevant even after the web links work.

I can do that. I'll have to experiment with it a little to figure out
what a good length for the tail is, but the buildbot documentation
indicates that it's straightforward to get log data when building the
email.

In the long run, tests are going to be represented graphically on the
buildbot (I already have a script that does this for my Python tests),
but that pretty much requires a unified output format for the tests.
When that happens, I'll  be able to list a summary in the email that
says exactly which tests failed.

- Jim