[MOAB-dev] moab file format and solution in time

Lukasz Kaczmarczyk likask at civil.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 06:20:28 CST 2009

Hello,

I solving time dependent problems, each time when I store data I save mesh coordinates and connectivity. Very often for each time step I have the same mesh with different tags data.

Some time ago I used HDF5 reader/writer API for structured and unstructured data. This reader/writer allows to store data in subsequent time steps, where mesh is saved in separate file. Pleas see attached file.

It will be great to know if you plan to add feature which allows to only  save selected tags data. To read that file user should read as well mesh form associated separate file.