[MOAB-dev] getNumEntSets not working to spec, at least as I read it

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Thu May 14 12:12:17 CDT 2009

Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> Mark Miller wrote:
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> when I call getNumEntSets with 'num_hops' set to say '1' and then call
>> it again with num_hops set to say '2', then I'd expect the result from
>> the second call to be at least as large as from the first call. Right?
>> In other words, the way I read the spec. is that it returns the number
>> of entity sets contained IN the specified set that are up to an
>> including num_hops 'sets away' from the contained set. I am not seeing
>> this with current version of MOAB. Haven't tested other impls.
>>

> Forwarding this to MOAB-dev.

  void iMesh_getNumEntSets(iMesh_Instance instance,
                     /*in*/ const iBase_EntitySetHandle entity_set_handle,
                     /*in*/ const int num_hops,
                            int *num_sets, int *err)
  {
    if (num_hops > 1) {
      iMesh_processError(iBase_NOT_SUPPORTED,
        "iMesh_getNumEntSets: not currently implemented for num_hops > 1.");
      *num_sets = 0;
      RETURN(iBase_NOT_SUPPORTED);
    }