[hpc-announce] 12th International Women in HPC Workshop at SC'22 [Call For Lightning Talks]

Jessica Dagostini jessica.dagostini at ucsc.edu
Mon Jul 18 08:41:34 CDT 2022

**12th International Women in HPC Workshop: Diversifying the HPC
Community and Engaging Allies**
Sunday, November 13th, 2022
Dallas, Texas, USA

# CALL FOR LIGHTNING TALKS
***DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: AUGUST 5, 2022 – ANYWHERE ON EARTH***
A cornerstone of our workshop is inviting submissions from women to
present on their work in HPC as a short lightning talk to our
attendees. For those who are chosen to present, there will be the
opportunity to meet with leaders and employers from across the HPC
community at this workshop, giving you an opportunity to discuss your
work with them.

Submissions for talks are invited as extended abstracts (up to 2
pages) in any area that utilizes High Performance Computing.
Successful authors will be asked to provide a version of their work
highlighting its goals, accomplishments, and impact to present on no
more than three slides. Authors are also expected to give a short
lightning talk (3 minutes) at the workshop itself.

We are encouraging women who consider themselves to be ‘early career’
(i.e. still studying or within five years of graduation or transition
into the field) to participate, however, this opportunity is open to
help everyone who feels they may benefit from presenting their work,
irrespective of career stage.  As HPC is a large community which
encompasses many different roles, we welcome both technical and
non-technical contributors to submit about their work in order to
broaden the knowledge of all those to attend our workshop.

# ABOUT THE SUBMISSIONS
Submissions are invited on all topics relating to HPC from users and
developers. All abstracts should emphasize the impact of the work such
as the problem you are seeking to solve, the community benefits from
investigating this work with or alongside of HPC, the computational
resources and/or facilities used, any challenges noted and/or
overcome, as well as any other challenges you wish to highlight.

There are three key areas we would like you to highlight in your
lightning talk. These are:
- objectives of the work being discussed;
- accomplishments so far;
- goals of the work.

You will be asked to send us your slides in advance of the workshop.
Details to be made available on that process soon.

# READY TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT?
See details for the submission on
https://womeninhpc.org/events/sc-2022/sc-2022-workshop

# BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING:
Networking: build your HPC network, and meet peers and potential employers.
Advice and mentoring: Receive expert advice and mentorship to help
prepare for your presentation, including slides, how to structure a
lightning talk for effective communication and how to make the most of
the networking time afterwards.

Good luck, and we hope to see you presenting in Dallas this November!