[hpc-announce] SBAC-PAD 2022 : Deadline approaching (Abstracts due: July 4th)
shadi.ibrahim at inria.fr
Sat Jul 2 03:21:25 CDT 2022
Deadline approaching …
Deadline for abstract submission extended to July 4th, 2022 (AoE)
Deadline for paper submission extended to July 8th, 2022
Special issue of the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing.
The 34th IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2022)
November 2nd to 5th, 2022
Bordeaux, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
https://project.inria.fr/sbac2022/ <https://project.inria.fr/sbac2022/> <https://project.inria.fr/sbac2022/ <https://project.inria.fr/sbac2022/>>
The 34th IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2022) will take place from November 2nd to 5th, 2022, in Bordeaux, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France.
SBAC-PAD is an annual international conference series, which presents research and developments, applications, and trends in Computer Architecture, High Performance Computing (HPC) and Parallel and Distributed Computing technologies. SBAC-PAD is open to faculty, researchers, practitioners, undergraduate and graduate students around the world. Its scientific program is composed from high quality submitted papers, selected by a thorough peer review process.
Rosa Badia (Barcelone Supercomputing Center, Spain)
Anne Benoît (École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, France)
Walfredo Cirne (Google Research)
Ian Foster (Argonne National Laboratory, Illinois and Inria Grenoble, France)
Kunle Olukotun (Stanford University, California)
Cristiana Bentes (State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Olivier Beaumont (Inria, University of Bordeaux, France)
Topics of Interest
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts on a wide range of computer architectures and high performance and distributed computing areas. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
● Application-specific systems;
● Architecture and programming support for emerging domains:
(Big Data, Deep Learning, Machine learning, Cognitive Systems);
● Benchmarking, performance measurements, and analysis;
● Cloud, cluster, and edge/fog computing systems;
● Embedded and pervasive systems;
● GPUs, FPGAs and accelerator architectures;
● Languages, compilers, and tools for parallel and distributed programming;
● Modelling and simulation methodology;
● Operating systems and virtualization;
● Parallel and distributed systems, algorithms, and applications;
● Power and energy-efficient systems;
● Processor, cache, memory, storage, and network architecture;
● Real-world applications and case studies;
● Reconfigurable, resilient and fault-tolerant systems;
Cristina Boeres (Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil)
Viktor K Prasanna (University of Southern California, USA)
Murali Annavaram (University of Southern California, USA)
Networking and Distributed Systems:
Eirini Eleni Tsiropoulou, (University of New Mexico, USA)
Parallel Applications and Algorithms:
Alba Melo (University of Brasilia, Brazil)
Jay Lofstead (Sandia National Laboratories, USA)
Jidong Zhai (Tsinghua University, China)
Papers submitted to SBAC-PAD 2022 must present original research results and must not have been published or concurrently submitted anywhere else.
Paper submission can be done through: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sbacpad2022 <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sbacpad2022> <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sbacpad2022 <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sbacpad2022>>
Paper submissions must be in English, 10 pages maximum (including the references), following the IEEE conference formatting guidelines. Papers that do not meet these requirements might be rejected without a review. To be published in the conference proceedings and to be eligible for publication at the IEEE Xplore, one of the authors must register at the full rate and present his/her work at the conference.
The SBAC-PAD 2022 submissions will undergo a double-blind review process, where reviewers do not know the identity of the authors, and vice-versa. Therefore, authors should “blind” their submission adopting the following guidelines:
● The authors cannot include their names, affiliations, funding sources, or acknowledgments in any part of the paper.
● Self-references that are relevant to the work are allowed, but they should not appear in the text in the first person. Instead they should be referenced in the third person, like “Smith et al. found that… .”.
● For the authors’ unpublished work, they need to use anonymous citations.
The program committee will select the top papers as finalists, and one paper will be selected during the conference as the winner and will be recognized as such at the conference closing ceremony.
Journal Special Issue
Authors of the best technical papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue of the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing.
● Abstract submission deadline: Extended to July 4th, 2022 (AoE)
● Paper submission deadline: Extended to July 8th, 2022
● Rebuttal period: Aug 22nd - Aug 25th, 2022
● Author notification: Sep 5th, 2022
● Camera-ready submission: Sep 12th , 2022
More information about the hpc-announce