[hpc-announce] SIAG-ACDA Online Seminar by Michael Bender on Dec 14

Julian Shun jshun at mit.edu
Thu Dec 1 08:51:28 CST 2022

The following SIAG-ACDA Online Seminar may be of interest.

Date Time: Dec 14, 2022 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Speaker: Michael A. Bender, Stony Brook University

Title: Online Parallel Paging and Green Paging

Abstract: The parallel paging problem captures the task of efficiently
sharing a cache among multiple parallel processors. Whereas the
single-processor version of the problem has been well understood for
decades, it has remained an open question how to find optimal algorithms
for the multi-processor version. We solve this problem by giving optimal
multi-core paging algorithms for optimizing both makespan and the average
completion time. In the process, we show a fundamental connection between
parallel paging and a related problem called green paging.

For registration go to
https://siam.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_GSmbloKETK-3SB7NCG8k9A

Anne Benoit, Blair Sullivan, Uwe Naumann, Julian Shun
SIAG-ACDA Online Seminar organizers