[hpc-announce] Deadline extension: 2nd International Workshop on Quantitative Codesign of Supercomputers

Gentile, Ann gentile at sandia.gov
Wed Aug 31 16:14:54 CDT 2022

Second International Workshop on Quantitative Codesign of Supercomputers

Sunday, November 13th, 2022 from 9:00 AM to noon US Central Time
Dallas, Texas, USA

*** Call for Position Papers ***

Held in conjunction with SC22:
The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, and Analysis

Important Dates
Submissions open: July 1, 2022
Submissions EXTENSION: September 10th, 2022 AOE
Author notification: September 30th, 2022

This symposium considers combining two methodologies – collaborative codesign and data-driven analysis – to realize the full potential of supercomputing. Our scope includes applications, system software, workflows, and health of hardware. Today’s HPC centers store vast sums of information, yet using this data presents demanding challenges. Much of the data-driven challenge has to do with discovering, accessing, and analyzing the right data. Codesign also presents formidable challenges. For example, now can a codesign development use the data collected on current systems to facilitate the design of next-generation supercomputers and successfully support our upcoming environments. Quantitative codesign offers a collaborative evidence-based approach to address our existing needs and our upcoming ambitions. This symposium will bring together leads in the field to review current efforts across centers and discuss areas that show potential.

This year’s focus will be on the software environment of HPC systems: how can we combine codesign methodologies with data-driven analysis to realize the full potential of system software, middleware and tools? However, submissions targeting any relevant topic are welcomed. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Effective ways and approaches to employ center-collected data in the HPC software stack.
* Requirements for effective codesign. What processes and strategies result in effective codesign collaborations?
* Finding the right set of data to collect, filter, and analyze. Efforts to address this problem across different groups and centers.
* Providing effective analysis in a timely manner.
* Novel interactions based on data-centric analysis with multiple HPC subcommunities (e.g., vendors, operations staff, end users, facilities planning, security staff, …).
* Success stories involving privacy and security issues associated with data originating from many diverse systems.

Paper submission and publication

The workshop welcomes position papers. Position papers should be no more than 2 single-spaced pages (including figures, tables, and references) using a 11-point font on 8.5x11 inch pages (US Letter).

Templates can be found here: https://quantitativecodesignsc.org/call-for-papers/

 Submissions can be made at: https://submissions.supercomputer.org (look for SQCS under workshops)