[hpc-announce] Call for Presentations at the 20th Annual Workshop on Charm++ and its Applications
ocankur at umd.edu
Tue Aug 30 13:48:23 CDT 2022
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]
Call for Presentations at the
20th Annual Workshop on Charm++ and its Applications
October 19-20, 2022
University of Maryland, College Park, MD (Hybrid: In-person talks +
Submission Deadline: September 19, 2022
Authors are invited to submit abstracts describing research and
development in the broad themes of parallel processing emphasized by
Charm++, AMPI, and Charm4Py including runtime adaptivity,
message-driven execution, task-based scheduling, automated resource
management, and applications using these themes. Topics of interest
- Parallel algorithms and applications, especially those using
Charm++, AMPI, and Charm4Py
- Parallel libraries and frameworks, especially those supporting
- Novel parallel programming models and abstractions
- Adaptive runtime management, including communication, power,
energy, and heat
- Dynamic load balancing
- Within-node parallelism, tasks, and accelerators
- Fault tolerance and resilience
- Tools and techniques for performance analysis, tuning and debugging
- Extensions and new features in Charm++
- Massively parallel processing on future machines
Submissions should be in the form of extended abstracts from one to
three pages. The presentations will be posted at the workshop website,
but there will be no published proceedings. Authors are encouraged to
publish them in other conferences or journals. Please send any
questions to Matthias Diener <mdiener at illinois.edu> and Onur Cankur
<ocankur at umd.edu>.
Abstracts should be submitted through EasyChair:
Abstracts Due: September 19, 2022 AOE
Notification of Acceptance: October 3, 2022 (rolling basis for early
Workshop: October 19-20, 2022
Early submissions are welcome and will expedite the reviewing process.
Authors of early submissions will be notified of their acceptance
within a week.
To register for the workshop as a virtual attendee or presenter,
please register via our website: https://charmworkshop22.github.io.
Registration will allow us to plan and provision for the workshop.
Please forward this invitation to any colleagues who may be interested.
Last year's workshop presentations can be found here:
More information about the hpc-announce