[hpc-announce] [Call for Participation] REX-IO Workshop at IEEE Cluster 2021: 1st Workshop on Re-envisioning Extreme-Scale I/O for Emerging Hybrid HPC Workloads

Sarah M. Neuwirth s.neuwirth at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Aug 24 11:39:25 CDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We are happy to invite you to attend the 1st Workshop on Re-envisioning
Extreme-Scale I/O for Emerging Hybrid HPC Workloads (REX-IO 2021) to be
held virtually in conjunction with IEEE Cluster 2021.

* When: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Pacific Time)
* Website: https://sites.google.com/view/rexio/
* Early attendee registration deadline for Cluster 2021: August 27, 2021
(11:59pm Pacific)

Please find our tentative workshop program below.

We look forward to welcoming you online to the REX-IO 2021 workshop!

Kind regards,
Arnab K. Paul (paula at ornl.gov)
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA

Sarah M. Neuwirth (s.neuwirth at em.uni-frankfurt.de)
Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany

Jay Lofstead (gflofst at sandia.gov)
Sandia National Laboratories, USA

REX-IO 2021 Workshop Co-Chairs

--------------
-- PROGRAM --
--------------
6:00am - 6:05am REX-IO Welcome Message
Co-Chairs: Arnab K. Paul, Sarah Neuwirth, Jay Lofstead

6:05am - 7:00am Keynote: Trends, Challenges, and Potential Solutions in
Scalable Storage and I/O, Suren Byna, Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory, USA.

7:00am - 7:30am Paper Talk 1: A Scalability Study of Data Exchange in
HPC Multi-component Workflows, Jie Yin, Atsushi Hori, Balazs Gerofi,
Yutaka Ishikawa. National Institute of Informatics, Japan and RIKEN
Center for Computational Science, Japan.

7:30am - 8:00am Paper Talk 2: The Case for Storage Optimization
Decoupling in Deep Learning Frameworks, Ricardo Macedo, Cláudia Correia,
Marco Dantas, Cláudia Brito, Weijia Xu, Yusuke Tanimura, Jason Haga and
João Paulo. INESC TEC & University of Minho, Portugal, Texas Advanced
Computing Center, USA and National Institute of Advanced Industrial
Science and Technology, Japan.

8:00am - 8:30am Paper Talk 3: MONARCH: Hierarchical Storage Management
for Deep Learning Frameworks, Marco Dantas, Diogo Leitão, Cláudia
Correia, Ricardo Macedo, Weijia Xu and João Paulo. INESC TEC &
University of Minho, Portugal and Texas Advanced Computing Center, USA.

8:30am - 9:00am Break

9:00am - 9:30am Expert Talk 1: How to leverage multi-tiered storage to
accelerate I/O, Anthony Kougkas, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA.

9:30am - 10:00am Paper Talk 4: pMEMCPY: a simple, lightweight, and
portable I/O library for storing data in persistent memory, Luke Logan,
Jay Lofstead, Scott Levy, Patrick Widener, Anthony Kougkas and Xian-He
Sun. Illinois Institute of Technology, USA and Sandia National
Laboratories, USA.

10:00am - 10:30am Expert Talk 2: Advanced data-driven frameworks to
develop reproducible data science applications at scale, Rosa Filgueira,
Heriot-Watt University, UK.

10:30am - 11:00am Paper Talk 5: Parallel I/O Evaluation Techniques and
Emerging HPC Workloads: A Perspective, Sarah Neuwirth and Arnab K. Paul.
Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA.

11:00am - 11:30am Expert Panel

11:30am - 11:45am Closing Remarks

Dr. Sarah M. Neuwirth
Goethe-University Frankfurt | Campus Riedberg
Modular Supercomputing and Quantum Computing
FIAS Building | Room 2.403 | Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main | Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 798-47533
Email: s.neuwirth at em.uni-frankfurt.de