[hpc-announce] DEADLINE EXTENSION: Call for Papers: WOPSSS 2020: Workshop on Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems in conjunction with EuroSys20

Jalil Boukhobza boukhobza at univ-brest.fr
Tue Mar 3 02:22:15 CST 2020

Upon requests the submission deadline to the Workshop on Performance and
Scalability of Storage Systems has been extended to March 15.

Don't miss the opportunity to present your work on Storage and Performance
at WOPSSS hosted by the exciting  EuroSys conference.

CALL FOR PAPERS

WOPSSS 2020: Workshop on Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems

The fifth WOPSSS workshop will be held jointly with Eurosys’20

Venu: Aquila Atlantis Hotel
Heraklion, Greece, April 27, 2020

Conference website
http://wopsss.org
Submission link
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wopsss2020
Submission deadline
March 1, 2020 March 15

Topics: https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?tid=47294;a=23820917
https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?a=23820917;tid=8331
https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?tid=8730;a=23820917
https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?tid=5590;a=23820917

The Workshop On Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems (WOPSSS) aims
to present state-of-the-art research, innovative ideas, and experience that
focus on the design and implementation of HPC storage systems in both
academic and industrial worlds, with a special interest on their performance
analysis.
This year, for our 5th edition, we propose to give a specific twist to
address the system and operating system aspects of the storage stack. The
addressed workloads remain HPC, Big Data, Cloud, and Artificial
Intelligence. All these data intensive domains have to overcome the I/O
bottleneck by analyzing the performance, detecting parameters restricting
the performance and eventually providing I/O optimizations.
WOPSSS intends to encourage the discussion of these topics between
researchers and practitioners from both the academic and the industrial
worlds.
The workshop is held in conjunction with EuroSys'20.
Submission Guidelines
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another
journal or conference.
• Papers need to be submitted via Easychair
(http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wopsss20)
• Papers are required to be formatted according to ACM SIG proceedings
(https://www.overleaf.com/read/vkypwtbmtrkv)
• The submissions are "single-blind", i.e. submissions are allowed to
include the author names.
WOPSSS workshop invites two types of submissions:
• Regular papers (8 pages) discussing original contributions, experience
reports, or work in progress reports (supported by initial validations);
• Contributed talks, summarized in 2 page extended abstracts, reporting
positions and visions for the future, identifying new challenges and
research venues, or reports for early ongoing work.
List of Topics
WOPSSS topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• AI and Deep Learning workloads interactions with storage
• Storage systems modeling and analysis tools
• Feed-back and empirical evaluation of storage systems
• Application I/O characterization
• AI workload and storage performance analysis
• Parallel I/O and storage systems: consistency, caching, replication,
reliability and fault recovery overhead
• Network challenges and storage systems: Scalability, QoS, Partitionability
• Low latency storage systems usability and analysis: memory-only, Flash,
NVRAM, Storage Class Memory
• File system design
• Cloud and distributed storage
Committees
Program Committee (to be completed)
o  Leonardo Bautista, BSC, Spain
o  Julien Bigot, Maison de la Simulation, France
o  Carlo Cavazzoni, CINECA, Italy
o  Yuan-Hao Chang, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
o  Konstantinos Chasapis, DDN, Germany
o  Stefano Cozzini, CNR, Italy
o  Julian Kunkel, University of Reading, UK
o  Jacques-Charles Lafoucrière, CEA, France
o  Ramon Nou, BSC, Spain
o  Manolis Marazakis, FORTH, Greece
o  Marek Michalewicz, ICM, Poland
o  Judit Planas, EPFL, Switzerland
o  Benedikt Steinbusch, FZJ, Germany
o  Stéphane Thiell, Stanford University, USA
o  Josef Weidendorfer, Leibniz Computing Centre (LRZ), Germany
Steering committee
o Jean-Thomas Acquaviva, DDN, France
o Jalil Boukhobza, Univ. Bretagne Occidentale, France
o André Brinkman, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
o Phlippe Deniel, CEA/DIF, France
o Massimo Lamanna, CERN, Switzerland
o Pedro Javier García, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
o Allen D. Malony, University of Oregon, USA
Contact
All questions about submissions should be emailed to
mailto:jtacquaviva at ddn.com

----
Jean-Thomas Acquaviva
+33.615.95.6306