[hpc-announce] Call for IEEE Cluster 2022 Preproposals

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Mon Jan 28 08:48:19 CST 2019

Dear colleagues,

IEEE Cluster is a highly successful conference series that has been ongoing for 20 years. With this email, we invite preproposals to host IEEE Cluster 2022.

As per IEEE Cluster’s US-Europe-US-Asia rotation tradition, we anticipate selection of a bid from Europe for Cluster 2022. However, this rotation is a tradition and not a strict requirement, so proposals from other locations will also be considered, without any bias. We are particularly interested in locations that do not fall under the traditional US-Europe-US-Asia model, such as Canada, Mexico, South American countries, African countries, Australia, and New Zealand.

Preproposals are simple two-slide decks. The first slide introduces the location and the second slide introduces the key organizers (i.e., the General Chair(s) and the Program Chair(s)). For the selection process, the following are a subset of the steering committee’s considerations:

 * Whether the location has been visited by IEEE Cluster in the recent past. New locations are encouraged, although older locations will also be considered, if the conference was not held there in the recent past. The locations for the past editions of IEEE Cluster are available  at http://clustercomp.org/
 * Whether the location is reasonably favorable for travel for a majority of our attendees. Locations that have good flight connectivity and a good local presence of researchers working in the area of Cluster computing are better suited for the conference.
 * Whether the key organizing committee (i.e., the General Chair(s) and Program Chair(s)) has experience with organizing conferences and in particular with IEEE Cluster. If you have been involved with IEEE Cluster in the past (e.g., as an attendee, through publications, as a volunteer PC member or chair), the proposal would be given higher priority.

Preproposals are due on March 1st, 2019, and the first round of decisions will be made by April 1st, 2019. All preproposals should be sent to the steering committee chair, Pavan Balaji (balaji at anl.gov), for consideration.

The intent is to accept a single preproposal, which would then be invited to submit a full proposal (example preproposals and full proposals can be provided upon request). However, the steering committee reserves the right to invite multiple preproposals to submit full proposals.

Full proposals must be presented in person at the steering committee meeting during IEEE Cluster 2019, after which a formal vote by the steering committee will decide if the proposal is accepted.

Thank you, and we look forward to your preproposals.

Regards,

Pavan Balaji,
IEEE Cluster Steering Committee Chair
(on behalf of the IEEE Cluster steering committee)