[hpc-announce] Call for IEEE Cluster Steering Committee Member Nominations
balaji at anl.gov
Mon Jan 28 08:45:20 CST 2019
IEEE Cluster is a highly successful conference series that has been ongoing for 20 years. We are excited to announce three open general member positions within the steering committee. We invite the community to submit nominations for the positions, which will start following IEEE Cluster 2019.
Nominations are due March 1st, 2019. Decisions will be sent out by April 1st, 2019.
More information: http://clustercomp.org/
A few notes on the nomination process:
* Nominations can be for yourself (self-nominations) or for another person.
* All nominations should contain the following information:
- The name and contact information (email) of the nominee.
- A short (500 word) description of why the nominee is a good addition to the IEEE Cluster steering committee. Please include information on the nominee’s previous contributions to IEEE and ACM conferences. In particular, his/her contributions to past IEEE Cluster conferences are highly regarded by the steering committee. Previous participation may include attendance, publications, or volunteer positions (e.g., PC member, chair position). Participation in other steering committees is also valued.
- A short (500 word) biographical sketch of the nominee.
* Nominations can be emailed (as an MS Word, PDF or text file, or just inline in an email) to the steering committee chair (balaji at anl.gov) by March 1st, 2019. Decisions will be sent out by April 1st, 2019.
A few notes on the IEEE Cluster steering committee position:
* IEEE Cluster has two types of steering committee member positions: general member and organizational member. General members are appointed through nominations by the community and are voted on by the current steering committee members. Organizational memberships are based on leading roles to organize the IEEE Cluster conference (e.g., Conference General Chair). This email solicits nominations for general members.
* The general member position term starts immediately after the end of IEEE Cluster 2019 and will continue until the end of IEEE Cluster 2022 (3 year term). A general member position can be renewed for an additional 3-year term at the end of the first term (again, based on a nomination and a vote).
* Newly appointed steering committee members will be invited to attend the IEEE Cluster 2019 steering committee meeting, although they would only become voting members at the end of IEEE Cluster 2019. Thus, attendance at that meeting would only be for informational purposes.
* The complete bylaws for IEEE Cluster can be shared on request.
Thank you and we look forward to your nominations.
IEEE Cluster Steering Committee Chair
(on behalf of the IEEE Cluster steering committee)
More information about the hpc-announce