[hpc-announce] CfP: UCC 2019 and BDCAT 2019 Conferences
cardellini at ing.uniroma2.it
Wed Feb 27 08:50:08 CST 2019
Call for papers and workshops for UCC 2019 and BDCAT 2019 Conferences
* 12th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2019)
* 6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT 2019)
December 2-5, 2019 - Auckland, New Zealand
* Workshop proposals due: 01 May, 2019
* Paper submissions due: 29 August, 2019
* Notification of acceptance: 01 October, 2019
* Camera ready papers due: 15 October, 2019
* Early and author registration deadline: 15 October, 2019
* Conference: 2-5 December 2019
Context and Scope
UCC2019 (http://ucc-conference.org/) is the premier IEEE/ACM conference for areas related to Cloud Computing as a Utility and provides an international forum for leading researchers and practitioners in this important and growing field. UCC2019 is co-located with BDCAT2019 (https://www.bdcat-conference.org/) - an annual conference series aiming to provide a platform for researchers from both academia and industry to present new discoveries in the broad area of big data computing and applications.
Cloud computing has firmly established itself as an indispensable utility for the digital age. Cloud services consumers expect and rely on sufficient computing power, the availability of data and media, and that these will be accessible across a range of devices. The expectation now is that Cloud services providers are capable of maintaining streamed services that are always available. Also, social and technological challenges are met with the development and adoption of new technologies that provide a safer, more secure, and richer digital experience for users and customers.
UCC2019 (http://ucc-conference.org/) and BDCAT2019 (https://www.bdcat-conference.org/) will be hosted at Auckland University of Technology (https://www.aut.ac.nz/) in the heart of New Zealand's city of sails.
Topics of Interest
UCC Conference (https://www.ucc-conference.org/call-for-papers) topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Formal aspects of cloud technology
* Architectural models to achieve Utility in Clouds
* Cloud business and legal implications beyond technology
* Cloud Computing middleware, stacks, tools, delivery networks and services at all layers (XaaS)
* Cloud large-scale foundations for Big Data, IoT, and real-time analytics
* Cloud management: autonomic, adaptive, self-*, SLAs, and monitoring
* Cloud-native application design and engineering
* Cloud, Fog and edge/mobile devices management, hierarchy models, and business models
* Performance analysis and modelling of cloud systems and applications
* Resource management and scalability: brokering, scheduling, capacity planning, and elasticity
* Security, trust and privacy in Clouds
* Virtualization, containerization, composition, orchestration and other enablers
BDCAT (https://www.bdcat-conference.org/call-for-papers) topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Big Data Science
* Big Data Infrastructures and Platforms
* Big Data Applications
* Big Data Trends and Challenges
* Visualization of Big Data
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished research manuscripts that demonstrate current research in all areas of Cloud and Utility (https://www.ucc-conference.org/call-for-papers) as well as Big Data (https://www.bdcat-conference.org/call-for-papers) computing.
Manuscripts are submitted in PDF format and may not exceed ten single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages, including figures, tables, and references. Please refer to ACM proceedings templates (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template) for templates and complete formatting instructions.
Manuscripts are submitted via the Easychair Conference Management System:
* UCC: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ucc2019
* BDCAT: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=BDCAT2019
All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, rigour in analysis, quality of results, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference attendees. The conference proceedings will be published by the ACM and made available online via the ACM Digital Library and IEEE Digital Library.
We invite you to visit the UCC (https://www.ucc-conference.org/call-for-papers) and BDCAT (https://www.bdcat-conference.org/call-for-papers) Call for Papers page for more information.
Call for Workshop Proposals Submission
Workshop proposals and any inquiries should be sent by e-mail to the workshops chairs:
* Omer Rana: ranaof at cardiff.ac.uk (mailto:ranaof at cardiff.ac.uk)
* Alan Litchfield: alan.litchfield at aut.ac.nz (mailto:alan.litchfield at aut.ac.nz)
Proposals for workshops should be submitted in PDF format, must not exceed 2 pages in length and contain the following information.
1. Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be the focus of the workshop.
2. A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
3. A list of related workshops or similar events held in the last 3 years, or to be held in 2019.
4. The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed technical program committee. This committee should consist of at least 10 people knowledgeable about the technical issues to be addressed and preferably not more than two members of the same institution. Ideally, there should also be two organizers from distinct institutions.
5. A description of the qualifications of the organizers (who would be the Workshop Chairs) with respect to organizing this workshop. This can include papers published in the proposed topic area, previous workshop organization, and other relevant information.
We invite you to visit the Call for Workshops page (https://www.ucc-conference.org/workshops) for more information about workshop chair responsibilities and additional details concerning the workshop proposals submission process.
12th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing
6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies
December 2-5, 2019 – Auckland, New Zealand
More information about the hpc-announce