[hpc-announce] Call for Participation: SC18 HPC Monitoring BoF

Gentile, Ann gentile at sandia.gov
Fri Nov 9 12:13:42 CST 2018

Monitoring Large-Scale HPC Systems: Extracting and Presenting Meaningful System and Application Insights
Wed Nov 14, 2018
5:15 – 6:45 pm
Session Room D175

About: We explore opportunities and challenges in extracting and presenting meaningful insights into HPC System and Application behavior via monitoring. We discuss results of two multi-site reports on the state of the practice of HPC monitoring.

Agenda:
Short presentations followed by BoF attendee discussion:
** Martin Schulz (TUM) + Andre Brinkmann (U Mainz) - Survey of Monitoring at HPC SItes in Germany
** Mike Showerman (NCSA) – Data stores to Support Performant Analysis
** Emre Ates (Boston U) – Machine Learning
** Jim Brandt (SNL) – Exploring Data to Discover Meaningful Relationships
** Joe Greenseid (Cray) – Production Understanding Requirements + Survey of Monitoring at 11 HPC Sites

Artifacts:
** BoF Monitoring Survey
** Machine Learning Analysis Dataset
** List of Data and Analyses used at production sites
** Presentation materials

More Info at: https://sites.google.com/site/monitoringlargescalehpcsystems/special-events/sc18-bof