[hpc-announce] Call For Presentations: Sixth International MVAPICH User Group Meeting
subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Mon May 28 11:43:39 CDT 2018
Call For Presentations
Sixth International MVAPICH User Group Meeting
August 6-8, 2018, Columbus, Ohio, USA
The MVAPICH team is excited to host the 6th annual MVAPICH User Group
(MUG) meeting. It will take place from August 6-8, 2018 in Columbus,
Ohio, USA. MUG aims to bring together MVAPICH2 users, researchers,
developers, and system administrators to share their experience and
knowledge and learn from each other. The event includes Keynote
Talks, Invited Tutorials, Invited Talks, Contributed Presentations,
Open MIC session, hands-on sessions with MVAPICH developers, etc.
This year, we will be holding special tutorials and demo/hands-on
session during the first day of the event (August 6th). Other talks
and sessions will be held during August 7-8.
We already have the following confirmed Keynote Speakers and Invited
speakers for the event. Other Invited Speakers are being finalized:
* Amitava Majumdar San Diego Supercomputing Center (SDSC)
* Martin Schulz Technical University of Munich, Germany
Invited Speakers (Confirmed so far)
* Damian Alvarez Juelich Supercomputing Center, Germany
* Xavier Besseron University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
* Gene Cooperman North Eastern University
* Davide Del Vento National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
* Alessandro Fanfarillo National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
* Toshihiro Hanawa University of Tokyo, Japan
* Shantenu Jha Brookhaven National Lab & Rutgers University
* Adam Moody Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
* Paul Navratil Texas Advanced Computing Center
* Karl Schulz University of Texas, Austin
* Gilad Shainer Mellanox
* Sameer Shende Paratools and University of Oregon
* Sayantan Sur Intel
* Sebastien Varrette University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
* Jidong Zhai Tsinghua University, China
Tutorials (Confirmed so far)
* A tutorial from Intel focusing on the technologies, schemes, and
techniques in designing efficient runtime support using the
upcoming network architecture from Intel.
* A tutorial from Mellanox focusing on the upcoming technologies,
schemes, ands techniques being made available in next-generation
Mellanox adapters ands switches for exascale systems.
* Building Efficient HPC Cloud with MVAPICH2 over KVM, Docker,
Singularity, OpenStack, and SLURM. This tutorial will present
efficient approaches to build HPC clouds with MVAPICH2 over
SR-IOV enabled HPC clusters. A demo will be provided to guide
the usage of MVAPICH2-Virt library to get near bare-metal
performance for HPC applications on clouds
* How to Boost the Performance and Scalability of Your MPI and
PGAS Applications with MVAPICH2 Libraries? This tutorial
will focus on internal designs of the MVAPICH2 libraries,
associated runtime parameters, the impact of tuning these
parameters at the applications level and a set of `best
practices' examples to maximize performance and scalability of
MPI and PGAS applications.
We invite MVAPICH users to submit short, contributed presentations to
be included in MUG. Topics for presentations include, but are not
* Case studies and best practices of novel applications from
different application domains, such as astronomy, bioinformatics,
biology, earth and atmospheric sciences, fluid dynamics,
materials science and engineering, medicine, physics, machine
learning and deep learning
* Performance and scalability studies of applications on
* Special tuning and optimization strategies to exploit maximum
performance and scalability
* Tools and code instrumentation for measuring and monitoring
performance and/or resilience
* Tools for parallel program development (e.g., debuggers and
integrated development environments
* Unique usage scenarios such as GPGPUs, Xeons, Xeon Phis, FPGAs,
PGAS, Energy-Awareness, Virtualization, etc.
The submission should include
* Title of the presentation
* Details of the speaker(s)
* Short bio of the speaker(s), and
* A draft version of the presentation
- Around 10-15 slides in PDF or PowerPoint format
Send your submission as a single file to mug at cse.ohio-state.edu.
Presentation Submission Deadline : July 1, 2018
Notification of Acceptance : July 7, 2018
Early Registration Deadline : July 15, 2018
Student Travel Support (Pending)
A set of travel awards, for students from US academic institutions
interested in attending and presenting at MUG '18, will be provided
through a grant from NSF (pending).
Interested students are requested to submit the following materials
(items 1, 2 and 3 included in a single .pdf file) to
mug at cse.ohio-state.edu. Applications will be considered until July
15th, 2018. However, decisions will be made in batches as the applications
arrive. Students are encouraged to apply early.
1. A short (1-2 page) document describing the following:
a. Contact details
- University, Department, Institutional E-mail address,
and Phone Number
b. Brief overview of current research
c. Experience with HPC systems (hardware, software, and
applications), high-performance virtualization, MPI/PGAS, and
Deep Learning middleware
d. What you would like to learn from attending MUG '18?
e. Interest in presenting a poster about your work with a title
and a short abstract.
2. A copy of your CV
3. Requested travel cost (including hotel and registration) with
4. An e-mail approval from the student's adviser supporting the travel
and indicating that the travel cost will not be reimbursed from any
This event is sponsored by Mellanox Technologies, ParaTools, Ohio
Supercomputer Center, X-ScaleSolutions, and The Ohio State University.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please send a note to
mug at cse.ohio-state.edu.
Please visit http://mug.mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu for more
information on MUG'18 (program, registration, travel & stay).
The MVAPICH Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce