[hpc-announce] CFP for EGPGV Early Submission Deadline (December 6, 2017)

Hank Childs hank at uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 31 15:46:05 CDT 2017

EGPGV Call For Papers (early submission), due December 6, 2017

Note: This year, the EuroGraphics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and
Visualization (EGPGV) will have two review deadlines: early submission
and regular submission. An FAQ about early submissions is at the bottom
of this email.

Webpage:  http://egpgv.cs.uoregon.edu

== About EGPGV ==

The importance of parallel computing is increasing rapidly with the
ubiquitous availability of multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and cluster systems.
Computationally demanding and data-intensive applications in graphics
and visualization are strongly affected by this trend and require novel,
efficient parallel solutions. The aim of this symposium is to foster the
exchange of experiences and knowledge exploiting and defining new trends
in parallel graphics and visualization. The proceedings of the
EuroGraphics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization (EGPGV)
will be published in the Eurographics Proceedings Series and in the
Eurographics Digital Library. Best papers from the EGPGV symposium will
be invited to submit an extended journal version to IEEE Transactions on
Visualization and Computer Graphics.

EGPGV18 will be colocated with EuroVis2018, held the week of June 4-8
2018, in Brno, Czech Republic.

The symposium seeks papers on graphics and visualization that involve
any type of parallel computing. Papers on techniques, data structures,
algorithms, systems, and applications are welcomed. Parallel computing
is broadly defined, including high-performance computing and cloud
environments, (multi-) GPU computing and heterogeneous, hybrid
architectures, and shared and/or distributed memory architectures.
Further, papers focused on processing very large data sets (either for
visualization or graphics) are welcomed, even if they do not have a
particular focus on parallelism.

Typical symposium topics include:

- Computationally and data intensive rendering
- Scientific visualization (e.g., volume rendering, flow, and tensor
visualization)
- Information visualization and visual analytics
- In situ analytics and in situ visualization
- Out-of-core processing of large data sets for visualization or
graphics
- Simulations for virtual environments (physics-based animation,
collision detection, acoustics)
- Mesh processing, level-of-detail, and geometric methods
- Visual computing (image- and video-based rendering, image processing
and exploitation, segmentation)
- Scheduling, memory management, and data coherence
- Parallelization approaches and algorithms, such as MapReduce
- Database-related methods, algorithms or approaches, and query-based
visualization
- Advanced hardware for data handling or visualization
- Large and high resolution displays, virtual environments
- Scientific, engineering, and industrial applications
- Data analytics on large scientific data sets

In general, appropriate topics for the symposium fall into one of four
categories:
(1) parallel graphics,
(2) rendering of very large data sets,
(3) parallel visualization and analytics, and
(4) processing of large data sets for visualization or analytics.

== Submission details ==

We will once again have submission options for full papers (8 to 10
pages in the Eurographics format) and short papers (up to 4 pages). The
EGPGV webpage will be updated soon with more details on submission
instructions.

Early submission deadline: December 6, 2017
Notification for early submission: January 26, 2018

== FAQ on early submission ==

Q: What happens if my paper is accepted in the early submission review
cycle?
A: Your paper will have the exact same status as any paper accepted
during the regular submission deadline. It will appear in the
proceedings and you will present your paper at EGPGV18. Further, you may
place your paper on your website and advertise it as a paper that will
appear at EGPGV18.

Q: What happens if my paper is not accepted in the early submission
review cycle?
A: Papers not accepted during the early submission review cycle may be
resubmitted as new during the regular review cycles. Authors can
indicate to the Chairs whether they would like the same reviewers
(effectively treating the initial review as a revision).

Q: If I do not submit to the early submission deadline, then can I still
submit to the regular submission deadline?