[hpc-announce] Special issue of IJHPCA on Hardware-Software Co-design for HPC
shirley at icl.utk.edu
Tue May 31 10:47:12 CDT 2016
*Call for Papers*
*Special Issue of the International Journal of High Performance Computing
*on Hardware-Software Co-Design for High Performance Computing*
Hardware-software co-design involves the concurrent design of
hardware and software components of complex computer systems, whereby
application requirements influence architecture design and hardware
constraints influence design of algorithms and software. High Performance
Computing (HPC) is facing a daunting challenges as we move towards the
exascale era, with the necessity of designing systems that run large-scale
simulations with high performance while meeting cost and energy consumption
constraints. We invite submissions for this special issue that address
various aspects of hardware-software co-design and that demonstrate
collaboration between domain scientists, applied mathematicians, computer
scientists, and hardware architects.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of simulation and emulation techniques for co-design
- Modeling and prediction of performance and energy consumption
- Co-optimization for multiple objectives (such as performance, power,
- Evaluation of new processor and memory technologies for scientific
- Mapping of algorithms and applications to heterogeneous systems
- Co-design involving new technologies such as low-power processors and
new memory technologies
*INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS*:
• Authors need to submit their paper in the IJHPCA system at
• They need to submit:
· A PDF file or a Word file
· An abstract and 5 keywords
· An archive containing the original files (latex, figures, etc..)
· The bios of the authors
• The number of pages is *limited to 12*
• The format is *single-column*.
• IJHPCA does not use any* Latex / Word template*.
• For article intended for the special issue, authors needs to add a
comment when submitting the article. A simple sentence like: *"This article
is intended for the special issue on* *hardware-software co-design for HPC*"
• Authors *must pick Shirley Moore* as preferred SAE.
• *Submission deadline* is July 31, 2016.
Non-blind peer review process where each manuscript is reviewed by at least
two referees. The review process can take *up to 2 months*, depending on
the availability of reviewers.
Four decisions are available after a round of review:
- Major revision (will undergo another round of review)
- Minor revision (will be reviewed only by Subject
Area Editor and Editor in Chief)
• Once the paper is accepted for publication in the system, the authors
will have to sign the copyright electronically.
• Finally Production will contact authors to proof read the article
• IJHPCA offers OnlineFirst, by which forthcoming articles are published
online before they are scheduled to appear in print. (
More details can be found here:
*Special Issue Editors:*
Shirley Moore, University of Texas at El Paso, svmoore at utep.edu
Laura Carrington, San Diego Supercomputer Center
Mark Gordon, Iowa State University
Greg Peterson, University of Tennessee
Richard Vuduc, Georgia Tech University
Theresa Windus, Iowa State University
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce