[hpc-announce] GISN 2016 - Submission deadline extension: August 21, 2016
knguyen at synchromedia.ca
knguyen at synchromedia.ca
Mon Aug 8 08:04:03 CDT 2016
The International Workshop on Green ICT and Smart Networking (GISN 2016)
Co-located with IEEE CNSM
Sponsored by IEEE ComSoc, IFIP, in-cooperation with SIGCOMM
November 4, 2016 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- New paper submission due: August 21, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: September 4, 2016
- Camera Ready: September 18, 2016
- Workshop date: November 4, 2016
MOTIVATION AND SCOPE
The International Workshop on Green ICT and Smart Networking (GISN 2016) will be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM 2016) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, October 31st - November 4th, 2016.
New smart networked systems, like homes, factories, farms, grids or cities, are being introduced at unprecedented pace, helping tackle problems ranging from supply chain management to climate change. The integration of technology into a strategic approach to sustainability, citizen well-being, and economic development of society leads to multi-dimensional, encompassing different aspects of smartness and stressing the importance of interaction across multiple domains.
This one day workshop aims at bringing together researchers from both industry and academia to promote the discussion on smart and green solutions for stimulating, innovating, designing, provisioning, and optimizing networked society. We invite submissions on all aspects of networking and computing research that have a strong focus on smart technologies, cloud computing, green ICT, telecommunications, Future Internet, and environmental assessment.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Green Data Centers
- Green Cloud and Green Telco Cloud
- Smart networking technologies
- Energy efficiency in intra and inter data center network
- Broadband access technologies
- Life-cycle analysis for smart ICT
- Sustainable Mobile Computing
- Multiservice platforms
- Renewable energy and ICTs
- Power measurement and smart meters in Future Internet
- Advanced analytical and behavioral learning systems
And their application to:
- Cloud computing and Smart Cities
- Smart home communications
- Smart transportation
- 5G and low-latency communications
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or experiences. All submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures.
Standard IEEE Transactions templates for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats found at:
Papers accepted for GISN 2016 will be included in the CNSM 2016 conference proceedings, IEEE Xplore, IFIP database and EI Index. IFIP and IEEE reserve the right to remove any paper from the IFIP database and IEEE Xplore if the paper is not presented at the workshop.
• Dr. Mohamed Cheriet, Canada Research Chair, Ecole de Technologie Superieure, University of Quebec, Canada
• Dr. Burak Kantarci, Clarkson University, USA
Technical program co-chairs:
• Dr. Kim Khoa Nguyen, Ecole de Technologie Superieure, University of Quebec, Canada.
• Dr. Emad Alsusa, University of Manchester, UK
- Dr. Jaafar Elmirghani, University of Leeds, UK
Panel: IEEE Green ICT Intiative – roadmap
Moderator: Dr. Charles Despins, Ecole de Technologie Superieure, University of Quebec, Canada.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce