[hpc-announce] Women in HPC at ISC 2016: Call for posters and participation

Sunita Chandrasekaran sunisg123 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:11:48 CDT 2016

*Women in HPC at ISC 2016: Call for posters and participation*

*In collaboration with ISC High Performance 2016*

*http://www.womeninhpc.org/women-in-hpc-at-isc-2016/*
<http://www.womeninhpc.org/women-in-hpc-at-isc-2016>

Women in HPC will attend ISC for a second year in June 2016.
Once again we will bring together women from across the international HPC
community, providing opportunities to network, showcasing the work of
inspiring women and discussing how we can all work towards to improving the
under-representation of women in supercomputing.

*Workshop*

*Thursday 23 June 2016 (Time to be confirmed)*

The fourth international Women in High Performance Computing
(WHPC) workshop, held at ISC 2016, Frankfurt, Germany will once again bring
together the HPC community to discuss the growing importance of increasing
diversity in the workplace. This workshop aims to recognize and discuss the
challenges faced by women, one of many underrepresented groups that exist
in HPC, as well as opportunities for broadening participation in HPC fields
and activities to encourage women to enter the field with consideration of
differing legislation affecting hiring and employment practices among the
different countries.

*Call for posters: Now Open!*
*Deadline for submissions 9 May 2016 AOE*
As part of the workshop we will be inviting submissions from female early
career researchers to present their work as a poster in a supportive
environment that promotes the engagement of women in HPC research and
applications, providing opportunities for peer to peer networking and the
opportunity to interact with female role models.
To submit your work please email your abstract as a word or text
document containing the following information to info at womeninhpc.org by 9
May 2016:

   - Full name of main (presenting) author, short biography (150 words) and
   photograph for website publicity
   - Names of any other authors;
   - Current institution of all authors;
   - Abstract (up to 250 words)

For full details please see:
http://www.womeninhpc.org/women-in-hpc-at-isc-2016/workshop/submit

*Panel discussion and breakout sessions*We will host a panel discussion and
breakout sessions inviting questions and suggestions from the audience on
how employers can help diversify the HPC workforce, the obstacles employers
face, and sharing best practise across the international community from a
variety of HPC employers.

*Sign up and take part!*

We would like to encourage everyone who has an interest in the equal
representation of women to attend, irrespective of their gender.

Registration is via ISC-HPC
<https://www.isc-events.com/ir/registration.php> the website.
For the workshop please register to attend the Thursday workshop session,
which can be done either with as add-on to the conference program (Monday
to Wednesday), or as a separate workshop-only pass.