[hpc-announce] Fwd: NSFCloud workshop

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Mon Oct 27 19:04:28 CDT 2014

Call for Position Papers

PLEASE NOTE:  PLEASE SUBMIT POSITION PAPER ONLY IF YOU PLAN TO/ARE
INTERESTED IN USING NSFCLOUD FACILITIES FOR YOUR RESEARCH OR EDUCATION
PROJECTS.  IF YOU ARE SIMPLY INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT THE
NSFCLOUD INFRATRUCTURES, INFORMATION FROM THE MEETING WILL BE POSTED ON
THE NSFCLOUD WEBSITES AFTER THE MEETING.

ALL INQUIRIES SHOULD GO TO KATE keahey at ncs.anl.gov
<mailto:keahey at ncs.anl.gov> or ROB ricci at cs.utah.edu
<mailto:ricci at cs.utah.edu>

---

We would like to alert you that an NSFCloud Workshop on Experimental
Support for Cloud Computing will be held on December 11-12, 2014 at the
Waterview Conference Center at 1919 N. Lynn Street, Arlington VA 22209.

The purpose of the workshop is to inform the Computer Science research
community of experimental facilities (see http://www.chameleoncloud.org/
and https://www.cloudlab.us/ <https://www.cloudlab.us/> ) to be
developed under the NSFCloud program, as well as to solicit community
feedback that will contribute to the development of those facilities.

Workshop participation will be based on the submission of short (1-2
page) position papers describing specific experimental needs; authors of
selected papers will be invited to present their ideas in a lightning
talk session. Logistics of submission will be available on workshop web
page http://www.chameleoncloud.org/ <http://www.chameleoncloud.org/> .
We encourage you to submit a position paper and share your experimental
needs with us.

We hope you will consider joining us in December!

Kate and Rob

Save the Date Summary

Workshop: NSFCloud Workshop: Experimental Support for Cloud Computing

When: December 11-12, 2014  (8am - 5pm December 11th, 8am - 3pm December
12th)

Where: Waterview Conference Center at 1919 N. Lynn Street, Arlington VA
22209

Organizers:  Kate Keahey, Computation Institute, University of Chicago
and Argonne National Laboratory;  Rob Ricci, School of Computing,
University of Utah

Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
Distributed Systems Laboratory, MCS/ANL
Cel:      1-847-722-0876