[hpc-announce] CFP: ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Distributed Cloud Computing (DCC 2014)

Claudio Righetti claudio at dc.uba.ar
Thu Mar 13 07:44:50 CDT 2014

*** We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.***

ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Distributed Cloud Computing (DCC 2014)

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2014/dcc.php

Co-located with ACM SIGCOMM 2014 in Chicago, USA, August 2014

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2014/

Workshop Goal
The DCC workshop is interdisciplinary and touches both distributed systems
and networking aspects as well as cloud computing. We want to attract both
industry relevant papers as well as papers from academic researchers
working on the foundations of the distributed cloud.

DCC 2014 accepts high-quality papers related to the distributed cloud
which fall into at least one of the following categories:

Novel ideas on how to design and operate/manage the distributed cloud
Foundations and principles of distributed cloud computing
Optimization and algorithms
Architectural models, prototype implementations and applications
Virtualization technology and enablers (network virtualization,
software-defined networking)
Experience with existing deployments and measurements (public, private,
hybrid, federated environments)
Service and resource specification, languages, and formal verification
Economics and pricing
Submission and Publication

Submissions are single-blind and should not exceed 6 pages in length (in
ACM format). For an accepted paper, at least one author must attend the
workshop. The submission site is: http://crp.inet.tu-berlin.de/dcc2014/
Important Dates
March 25, 2014
Abstract registration
March 30, 2014
Submissions due
May 5, 2014
Notification
May 25, 2014
Camera ready versions due
August 22, 2014

Workshop
Organizers
Chairs
Yvonne Coady
Uni Victoria, Canada
James Kempf
Ericsson Research, Silicon Valley, USA
Rick McGeer
SAP and US IGNITE, USA
Stefan Schmid
Telekom Innovation Laboratories (T-Labs) & TU Berlin, Germany
Technical Program Committee
Thais Batista
UFRN, Brazil
Raouf Boutaba
University of Waterloo, Canada
Andre Brinkmann
University of Mainz, Germany
Marco Canini
Universite catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Justin Cappos
New York University, USA
Paolo Costa
Microsoft Research, UK
Xenofontas Dimitropoulos
FORTH and ETH Zurich, Greece and Switzerland
Erik Elmroth
Umea University and Elastisys, Sweden
Pascal Felber
University of Neuchatel, Switzerland
Anja Feldmann
TU Berlin, Germany
Nate Foster
Cornell University, USA
Alex Galis
University College London, UK
Wolfgang Gentzsch
Chairman ISC Cloud and Co-Founder of The UberCloud, Germany
Indranil Gupta
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Aman Kansal
Microsoft Research, USA
Holger Karl
University of Paderborn, Germany
Petr Kuznetsov
Telecom ParisTech, France
Bob Melander
CISCO, USA
Joe Mambretti
Northwestern University, USA
Gabriel Mateescu
EURAC Research, Italy
Christine Morin
INRIA, France
Paul Müller
University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Seffi Naor
Technion, Israel
Akihiro Nakao
The University of Tokyo, Japan
Max Ott
NICTA, Australia
Danny Raz
Technion, Israel
Robert Ricci
University of Utah, USA
Djamel Sadok
UFPE, Brazil
Srini Seetharaman
Deutsche Telekom Innovation Center, USA
Upendra Sharma
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
Randy Sobie
University of Victoria, Canada
Jukka Suomela
Aalto University, Finland
Timothy Wood
George Washington University, USA
--
Prof. Claudio Enrique Righetti
Departamento de Ciencias de la Computación -FCEyN