[hpc-announce] CFP: Workshop on Parallel Algorithms and Software for Analysis of Massive Graphs (ParGraph)

Catalyurek, Umit catalyurek.1 at osu.edu
Wed May 29 14:31:10 CDT 2013

[Apologies if you received multiple copies of this email.]
Dear Colleagues,
We invite your submissions to the Third Workshop on Parallel Algorithms and Software for Analysis of Massive Graphs (ParGraph http://cass-mt.pnnl.gov/pargraph.aspx ) to be held in conjunction with HiPC from December 18 – 21, 2013 in Hyderabad, India. The deadline for submissions is July 7, 2013.
Call for Papers:
Combinatorial algorithms play an important enabling role in several areas of science and engineering. Many combinatorial, machine learning, and graph algorithms in particular, are characterized by irregular data-access patterns that make efficient implementation challenging on both traditional HPC and commodity platforms. Architectural features, algorithmic design and software engineering techniques, and characteristics of the input collectively determine the performance of these algorithms.
In addition, runtime support for irregular applications, programming models, the large-scale graph structure (sparse matrix) deserves attention for efficient storage, graph query and visualization for data analysis. With this workshop we aim to bring together system builders in industry and academia interested in combinatorial (graph), machine learning algorithms, data intensive applications involving them, and parallel computing.
We seek submissions on broad topics of interest as listed below, but not limited to this:

•      Theory and Algorithms:

o   Combinatorial (graph) and machine learning algorithms and libraries

o   Algorithms for analysis of large complex networks (social network analysis)

o   Approximation algorithms and bounds

•      Design and performance evaluation of algorithms on:

o   Traditional architectures: massively parallel distributed-memory systems (IBM BlueGene, Cray XE), shared-memory multicore systems (Intel, AMD)

o   Nontraditional architectures: massively multithreaded architectures (Cray XMT), many core and tiled platforms (Nvidia, AMD, Tilera, Intel)

•      Applications:

o   Combinatorial Scientific Computing; Data Mining; Graph Mining

o   Big Data Application – Social graph analysis, Graphical Model, pattern matching, time-evolving graphs

o   Bioinformatics; Information (Cyber) security; Mobile computing

o   Visual Analytics; Graph Visualization

•      Programming paradigms and runtime support for irregular applications
Submission Details:
We seek high quality manuscripts detailing creative and original research. The manuscripts should not be currently under review at any other venue. Please do not exceed eight (8) pages following the HiPC paper formatting guidelines (http://www.hipc.org/hipc2013/papers.php). We will not consider submissions that deviate from the above guidelines. We guarantee at least three independent reviews for all submitted papers. Workshop proceedings will be published as a separate CDROM Proceedings by HiPC. Hardcopy proceedings will not be provided. HiPC is sponsored by ACM and IEEE.
Please submit your work using EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pargraph2013). Do not use the HiPC Conference submission system. Please contact the organizers if you have any questions.
Important Dates:

•      July 7, 2013 : Submission of manuscripts

•      August 7, 2013 : Notification of decision

•      August 15, 2013 : Submission of camera-ready papers

•      December  18, 2011 : Workshop

Further details of the workshop are available at: http://cass-mt.pnnl.gov/pargraph.aspx
We look forward to your participation in this exciting event. We also request you to kindly forward this call to your colleagues and research associates.

Sincerely,

Ümit Çatalyürek (The Ohio State University;), Mahantesh Halappanavar (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory), and Nilesh Jain (Intel)
Email: Mahantesh.Halappanavar at pnnl.gov<mailto:Mahantesh.Halappanavar at pnnl.gov>, catalyurek.1 at osu.edu<mailto:catalyurek.1 at osu.edu>, Nilesh.jain at intel.com<mailto:Nilesh.jain at intel.com>

---
Umit V. Catalyurek
Professor, Biomedical Informatics
Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
Professor, Computer Science & Engineering (courtesy)
The Ohio State University

web    : http://bmi.osu.edu/~umit or http://bmi.osu.edu/hpc
e-mail : catalyurek.1 at osu.edu<mailto:catalyurek.1 at osu.edu>
Phone  : 614-292-0914