[hpc-announce] WAMCA 2012 CALL FOR PAPERS

lucia at ic.uff.br lucia at ic.uff.br
Thu May 31 08:28:58 CDT 2012

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email.

<<< CALL FOR PAPERS >>>  -  Submission Deadline: 15 August, 2012

3rd WORKSHOP ON APPLICATIONS FOR MULTI-CORE ARCHITECTURES
October 24-25, 2012, Columbia University, New York, USA

To be held in conjunction with the 24th International Symposium on
Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2012)

* Submission URL: http://www.cos.ufrj.br/wamca2012/

Important dates:
  Paper submission: August 15th, 2012
  Paper acceptance notification: August 31st, 2012
  Camera-ready: September 7th, 2012

This workshop opens up an opportunity for application designers and
computer architects to discuss emerging applications as well as their
implications on current and next-generation many-core architectures.
Our goal is to confirm the current status of application development and
optimization techniques for the new technologies as well as the future
trends, exposing the findings, requirements, and problems to a select
audience of top computer architecture researchers. We aim to focus on
the discussion of multi-core computing from different aspects such as:

Benchmarking and Tools
  Compilers, debuggers and profilers
  Methodologies, Metrics, and Benchmarking
  Comparative studies of many-core architectures
Architecture and Performance Analysis
  MPSoC architectures
  Performance and power Analysis
  NoC-based multi-core architectures
  Multi-core interconnection networks
  Inter-core communication algorithms
  Evaluating and tuning application power-footprints
Applications, Algorithms and Programming Models
  Scheduling and fault-tolerance issues
  Multicore applications for data-centers
  Parallelization algorithms and techniques
  I/O techniques for multicore programming
  GPU-based applications and programming
  Parallelizing known applications and evaluating performance
  Parallelization algorithms, techniques and programming models

* Accepted papers will be published by IEEE in the SBAC Proceedings.

Kind regards,
Ricardo Farias
Graduate Program on Computer Engineering - Rio de Janeiro Federal University
Technology Center, Ilha do Fundao, Building H, Room 319
ZIP 21.941-972 - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
email: rfarias at cos.ufrj.br