[hpc-announce] CFP -- AMD Fusion Developer Summit June 2011

Bordoloi, Udeepta Udeepta.Bordoloi at amd.com
Tue Feb 8 17:54:48 CST 2011

[Sincere apologies to all for the duplicate emails on this CFP.]

I, Udeepta Bordoloi (Udeepta.Bordoloi at amd.com<mailto:Udeepta.Bordoloi at amd.com>), as one of the chairs for the HPC track of the AMD Fusion Developer Summit, would like to invite you and your colleagues to submit a presentation proposal to this event.  Partly due to the lack of specificity in the previous call for submissions with respect to the types of submissions that the summit is interested in, we have re-issued the call for submissions below and have extended the submission deadline to Friday, February 25, 2011.

We would like to clarify that it is not a requirement to show results on AMD Fusion hardware. We invite all papers that demonstrate progress towards using AMD CPUs, GPUs and/or Fusion APUs. For example, work related to unified memory access between CPU and GPU, and/or unified and portable programming models (e.g., OpenCL) are of interest. Papers based on other software/hardware will be considered if they are in the context of moving towards OpenCL and Fusion-like systems.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at Udeepta.Bordoloi at amd.com<mailto:Udeepta.Bordoloi at amd.com>.

If you need AMD GPUs to move your work towards OpenCL/AMD, please send me a note with a brief summary of your plan and I will forward your request to the right folks at AMD.

https://amdfusion.wingateweb.com/portal/cfp/cfpLogin.ww

Call For Proposals

Calling All Heterogeneous Computing Pioneers - Present at the Inaugural AMD Fusion Developer Summit

Event Date: June 13-16, 2011
Event Location: Bellevue, Washington

Deadline for submissions: Friday, February 25, 2011
Notification of acceptance: Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In June 2011, developers, academics, industry leaders, and emerging innovators will convene in Bellevue, Washington at the inaugural AMD Fusion Developer Summit to learn about the AMD Fusion APU and the potential market opportunities it presents. Participants will engage in interactive sessions and hands-on labs to learn more about the APU's key features to deepen their knowledge of advance CPU and GPU programmability, and will leave the event with a better understanding of how software applications can take advantage of the technology for competitive differentiation.

AMD invites pioneers in heterogeneous computing to share their work and research findings in the form of presentations, technical papers, or reports with this influential community. This event presents the opportunity for you to establish your position at the vanguard of this technology movement, advocate programming paradigms, garner support for industry standards, and network with other pioneers who will help define the future.

Speaker benefits include:

    * Free conference admission
    * Three nights of compensated hotel accommodations (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
    * VIP Speaker Event

To submit your work for consideration, please provide us with the information requested in the form below.

    * Submit one form per proposal
    * Proposal topic areas include: Multimedia, Content Management, User Interface, Web, Security, Server and Datacenter, High Performance Computing, Programming Models, and Tools
    * There is no limit to the number of proposals you can submit. Each speaking session is expected to be 30 minutes in duration.
    * Each session room will be provided with basic AV set up: projector, screen, internet access, lavaliere microphone. You will use your own computer to present the final session.
    * You will be notified if your proposal is accepted for inclusion by Wednesday, March 16