[Darshan-users] Darshan-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 3

Jean Bez jean.bez at ufrgs.br
Tue Feb 14 14:18:24 CST 2017

Hi,

> Are you actually performing any read or write operations to a file in

the application you are linking with Darshan? DXT only traces reads and
> writes, so if you are just opening a file (for instance), it shouldn't
> produce any DXT data.

Yes, but after looking at the application I was testing it used some
functions (fwrite for instance) that were not traced by Darshan DxT,
although they appeared on the default Darshan report. So I looked at the
souce-code and those calls is not handled yet.

If your application is doing reads/writes, there should be DXT data if
> you enabled it properly. Did you run 'export DXT_ENABLE_IO_TRACE='? Note
> that you need to include the trailing equal sign, even if you aren't
> setting a value for the amount of memory to use. For example:

> 'export DXT_ENABLE_IO_TRACE=' will give you the default 4MiB buffer per
> process for tracing
> 'export DXT_ENABLE_IO_TRACE=8' will instead allocate 8MiB buffers per
> process

Yes, I set the variable via the MPICH -env option and now it worked ok for
the MPI-IO requests.

Thanks!
Jean