[Darshan-users] Darshan-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 3

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 15 08:54:01 CST 2017

On 02/14/2017 03:18 PM, Jean Bez wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Are you actually performing any read or write operations to a file in
>
>     the application you are linking with Darshan? DXT only traces
>     reads and
>     writes, so if you are just opening a file (for instance), it shouldn't
>     produce any DXT data.
>

> Yes, but after looking at the application I was testing it used some
> functions (fwrite for instance) that were not traced by Darshan DxT,
> although they appeared on the default Darshan report. So I looked at
> the souce-code and those calls is not handled yet.

Hi Jean,

Is this a feature that you would be interested in?  If so, you can add a
feature request on gitlab
https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/darshan/darshan/issues (you will probably
need to sign up for an account first) to have the dxt module include
stdio functions, to make sure we don't lose track of the idea.

thanks,
-Phil