[Darshan-users] No PDF file generation with darshan-summary-per-file.sh

Suman, Preeti preeti.suman at intel.com
Mon May 23 14:44:51 CDT 2016

Hello,

I have installed Darshan-3.0.1. I have couple of questions on darshan-summary-per-file.sh.

When I run darshan-summary-per-file.sh it gives the following error:

#### BEGIN : output of darshan-summary-per-file.sh (using mpi-io-test-x86_64-3.0.1.darshan from darshan-test)

$ darshan-summary-per-file.sh mpi-io-test-x86_64-3.0.1.darshan output
Slowest unique file time: 0
Slowest shared file time: 0.033856
Total bytes read and written by app (may be incorrect): 134217728
Total absolute I/O time: 0.033856
**NOTE: above shared and unique file times calculated using MPI-IO timers if MPI-IO interface used on a given file, POSIX timers otherwise.
LaTeX generation (phase1) failed [256], aborting summary creation.
error log:
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.9 \usepackage
               {color}^^M
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on summary.log.
darshan-summary-per-file.sh done. Results can be found in output/*.pdf.

#### END : output of darshan-summary-per-file.sh

System specification:
Kernel Version: Linux 4.0.5-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
Operating System: CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (Haswell-EP)
Architecture:x86_64
Compiler: GCC 5.1.0
MPI: Intel MPI-5.1.2

I have the following questions:

a)  The color.sty file is located at "/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/color.sty". What could be the reason for error?

b)  I have installed all the prerequisites mentioned in the Darshan-util installation page (zlib, libbz2 development headers and library (libbz2-dev or similar), Perl, pdflatex, gnuplot 4.2 or later, epstopdf), is there any other prerequisite required?

c)  At the end of the darshan-summary-per-file.sh run, it mentions "Transcript written on summary.log". Where can I locate the log file?

I will greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Preeti