[Darshan-users] Profiling arbitrary parts of an application with Darshan

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 1 06:04:25 CST 2016

Hi Judit,

Is there any chance that we could have a look at your log to help debug
it?  You can send it off-list if you prefer, and we can also tell you
how to anonymize the information (file names, command line, etc.) in it
first if needed.

As a side note, Florin Isaila implemented some Darshan extensions (which
can be found in the darshan-florin-extensions branch in git) that
include explicit hooks you can call to enable and disable Darshan at
runtime.  It will create a separate log file for each period that you
have enabled Darshan.  That is another option if we can't get the
summary-per-file tool working quickly, but you should consider that
branch to be experimental for now.

thanks,
-Phil