[Darshan-users] Darshan error with HDF5

Adnan Haider ahaider3 at hawk.iit.edu
Thu May 28 15:20:07 CDT 2015

Hi,
I am hoping to use Darshan for analyzing our application's performance. We
are using HDF5 and netcdf 4. I installed Darshan version 2.3.1 and mvapich2
for our mpi implementation. Darshan works fine for a standard mpi pingpong
application. When we run our application, however, it gives the following
error:
Darshan failed to map symbol: H5Fopen
Darshan failed to map symbol: H5Fopen
Darshan failed to map symbol: H5Fopen
Darshan failed to map symbol: H5Fopen

The four instances of the error probably have to do with the 4 mpi ranks
specified at runtime. Nothing is written into the log directory. This is
the only output, unless there is some error file I am not aware of. I used
the static instrumentation approach for enabling Darshan. Thanks for the
help!

Thanks, Adnan Haider
B.S Candidate, Computer Science
Illinois Institute of Technology