[codes-ross-users] Simulation ends with events unprocessed

Jian Peng jpeng10 at hawk.iit.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:36:00 CST 2017

Hi,

    After some debugging, I found the reason of this issue was
"tw_event_send()". I added some debugging code shown as
"tw_event_send.png". Then I got debugging output as "debug1.png". Please
notice the highlighted value of pointer "kp". Then I found this same "kp"
value in previous context, shown in "debug2.png". Since the "last_time" is
greater than "recv_ts", "tw_eventq_push()" rather than "tw_pq_enqueue()" is
called. As I'm doing sequential simulation, "tw_scheduler_sequential()" in
tw-shed.c should be used. "tw_pq_dequeue()" is used to read the event
queue, shown in "tw_scheduler_sequential.png".

    So here's the question. The events that called "tw_eventq_push()" seem
not able to be retrieved by "tw_pq_dequeue()". So I'm wondering that either
mapping multiple LPs to one KP or only using "tw_pq_dequeue()" in
sequential scheduler is a bug? I haven't looked too much into both parts,
just got this question in mind.

    Thanks!