[codes-ross-users] Fat-tree configuration support oversubscription >1?

noah wolfe nwolfey21 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:19:51 CST 2017

Hi Peixin,

The current implementation of the CODES fat-tree model only supports 1:1
port mapping for leaf level switches to maintain the standard full
bisection fat-tree layout (i.e. half the ports go down to hosts and the
other half go up to the next level switches). However, the mapping of
ports can be adjusted for leaf level switches (and all levels of
switches) in the switch_init() function. Perhaps adding another ft_type
for oversubscription of leaf switches would be the best approach. The
mapping of hosts to switches which is done in the ft_terminal_init()
would also need to be adjusted for the increased number of host
connections to leaf switches. Both functions are found in
src/networks/model-net/fattree.c.

By the way, recently updated documentation for the CODES fat-tree model
can be found on the wiki:
https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/codes/codes/wikis/codes-fattree

Thanks,
Noah