[codes-ross-users] Workarounds to allow idle nodes in Torus Network?

Mubarak, Misbah mmubarak at anl.gov
Mon Jul 6 22:33:59 CDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

I assume by idle nodes you are referring to network nodes that will participate in the routing but will not generate or receive any messages? We ran into a similar situation where the number of servers is less than the network size but in that case the idle torus nodes were the last “n” network nodes (Example is in codes-net—>model-net-dumpi-traces-dump.c). For randomly distributed nodes, I would suggest having a list of relative Ids (as John suggested) and isolate those LPs from generating and receiving messages.

Hope that works!

Thanks,
Misbah