[codes-ross-users] Workarounds to allow idle nodes in Torus Network?

Jenkins, Jonathan P. jenkins at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 6 19:29:29 CDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

Glad to hear the docs have been useful to you!

Right now, our configuration scheme isn't well-suited to irregularity - annotations help delineate "sections" of LPs, but not if you want to "pick and choose" LPs. I would suggest a separate configuration routine for this. One option for your case is to have a whitelist of torus nodes to run that you check at runtime, set up via an LP "configure" function you call in main. You could either have a file with a set of IDs (relative IDs would be good here, that you would translate via codes_mapping_lpid_from_relative), or if you want a "topology-aware" mapping, a set of torus coordinates (there's utilities for torus mapping functions in codes-net/codes/model-net-inspect.h).

Hope this helps!
John