[cgma-dev] get_graphics for OpenCascade?

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Aug 15 08:19:01 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm curious if there's a reason why the variant of GeometryQueryEngine::get_graphics() that takes a BodySM* instead of a Surface*/Curve* is unimplemented in OpenCascade. I am hoping to get a conformal mesh out for a couple reasons: (1) I'd like to avoid the cracks that appear when individual faces are tessellated independently and (2) a triangle-based modeler I'm working with expects watertight triangulations to maintain its internal state consistently.

Is there an underlying deficiency in OpenCascade that has to be addressed before it makes sense to implement the BodySM* variant, or has it just not been needed yet?

	Thanks,
	David