[cgma-dev] CGMA with Cubit not reading ACIS files

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 3 09:25:44 CDT 2013

I think it has mostly to do with CGM startup and the fact that when compiling with cubit most of the functionality is
coming from cubit's shared libs rather than the local source.  That said, the highest-level CGM code is the same between
cubit and our version of CGM, and Clint at CSimsoft has told me that he was able to get full runtime-switchable shared
library stuff working with cubit.  So, maybe this is more an unexplored area than intrinsically impossible.  If it's
important to you, it may be worth trying out with the current code (though you also probably already know that you won't
be able to do geometric operations between parts of the model in separate engines).

- tim

On 08/02/2013 06:27 PM, David Thompson wrote:
> Hi Iulian (et al.),
>
> I wanted to thank you all for your help and follow up on one comment. You said
>
>> You cannot configure with cubit and occ at the same time.
>
> and I was curious: what causes the limitation? I understood from the CGM paper that models from multiple geometric kernels could be loaded at once in order to perform joint modeling; is it just the combination of cubit and OCC/OCE that cause trouble?
>
> 	Thanks,
> 	David

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.
             fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706