[cgma-dev] CGMA with Cubit not reading ACIS files

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 2 21:06:49 CDT 2013

Hi David,
The last time I tried cubit and occ in the same cgm configuration was 2 years ago; I am not sure anybody tried something related after that. CGM inner workings are still mysterious to me :( . When we build cgm "with cubit" we are using ACIS geometry engine from cubit libraries. What we build in cgm is just a small interface. With occ, the interface we build is bigger.
Jane and Tim have probably better explanations.
This is the message I got 2 years ago from Jason: (he meant to "build cgm", not cubit). GME and GQE are geometry modeling engine, respective geometry query engine.

"It won't work to build cubit with both acis and occ support if the acis support is from linking against cubit. It is very unlikely that such a configuration would be stable. If the GME and GQE interfaces are stable it might work a little better to build only the OCC subdir in that case.

"