[cgma-dev] Multiple "TopologyBridge"s under one merged "RefEntity"

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 30 09:47:47 CDT 2011

On 08/29/2011 03:16 PM, Hong-Jun Kim wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> When I scatter geometries in parallel meshing, I need the merged geometry
> edges have the same geometry directions in every processor.
>
> However, since there are multiple "TopologyBridge"s under one merged
> "RefEntity", different TopologyBridge entities are scattered to
> processors and it makes inconsistent geometry edge direction.
>
> So, can I ask if there is any way forcing to export the same
> TopologyBridge entities for all merged entities?

That probably isn't possible because if the desired TopologyBridge (and
underlying ACIS or OCC curve) was present on the processor in question, then
it would be merged and the sense would be preserved.  Cubit has the ability
to reverse a RefEdge relative to the underlying TopologyBridge (e.g.
"reverse curve <id>") and save that data.  So the correct fix is probably to
make CGM preserve the reversed sense as stored even when merging doesn't happen.

> Moreover, "CAMergePartner" attribute is not used any more?

After a quick glance at the current CGM code, it is not clear to me what is
happening with restoring merged geometry.  It looks like CAMergePartner is
still used but a big chunk of the logic for restoring merged state was moved
from CAMergePartner to a function in GeometryQueryTool.  Further, a bunch of
sense-related stuff has been added to CAEntityId.

- jason