[cgma-dev] Bug Report: getPtClass Function Call in PyTaps

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 3 16:44:19 CST 2010

The problem here is that iGeom_CGMA is mis-using the
RefFace::point_containment call.  For ACIS geometry, that function
ultimately calls api_point_in_face.  The ACIS 16 documentation for
api_point_in_face says:

  Limitations: If the input point is not on the face's surface, the
  behavior of this function is undefined. For performance reasons this
  is not trapped by the function, so the api will not fail in this
  situation, but the relationship returned is not meaningful. In
  particular, the result point_outside_face is not guaranteed to be
  returned when this function is called with a point not on the face's
  surface.

- jason

--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Ralph Waldo Emerson