[cgma-dev] r3517 - cgm/trunk/itaps

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 1 15:46:03 CST 2010

James Porter wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 10:50 -0600, kraftche at cae.wisc.edu wrote:
>> Author: kraftche
>> Date: 2010-02-01 10:50:13 -0600 (Mon, 01 Feb 2010)
>> New Revision: 3517
>>
>> Modified:
>>    cgm/trunk/itaps/iGeom_CGMA.cc
>> Log:
>> o Fix bug where queries for iBase_ALL_TYPES included RefGroups
>> o Fix bug: pass back Body type rather than RefVolume for iBase_REGION
>> o Implement iGeom_getBoundBox
> [snip]
>
> These changes are causing an error with iGeom_get(Ent|Arr)NrmlSense for
> me, since it expects a volume instead of a body. I have a solution (just
> grab the first volume that's a child of the body), but there might be a
> better way.

If the surface occurs in more than one volume of the body and the sense is
not consistent in all uses, then the result should be zero (unknown/both.)

> In a more general sense, it seems like iGeom should never be returning
> volume entities anymore. Should we eliminate usage of RefVolumes from
> the iGeom code?

It should consistently either always return RefVolume or always return Body.
Mixing them breaks things because the iGeom API doesn't have that
distinction (only one of them can be used for the iBase_REGION type.)  I
started changing some of the RefVolume stuff to return Bodys instead, but
perhaps the better solution would be to change all the functions (e.g.
create*) to return RefVolumes instead?

- jason