[cgma-dev] Issues with multiple instances of iGeom

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Fri Sep 25 17:35:42 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 14:49 -0500, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> This is a known issue and not easily correctable w/out a lot of cleanups
> within CGM.

It would be nice if it were, at least, possible to have multiple serial
(non-concurrent) instances of iGeom.

For the geometry itself, this can be worked around by calling
iGeom_deleteAll before calling the destructor, but it seems to me that
the destructor should be doing that already (and I question the use of
iGeom_deleteAll except when doing this).

Other things, like tags, seem like they can't be deleted at all, even if
you call iGeom_destroyTag. I'm not sure what (if anything) happens to
the tag data, but there's a naming conflict if you try to create a new
tag with the same name as a previously deleted one. As you'd expect,
this issue also rears its head when you destroy the iGeom instance and
make a new one.

- Jim