[cgma-dev] Cones in iGeom

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 20 17:53:04 CDT 2009

I want to be able to define cones through the iGeom interface.  (Tim and
I have discussed this already, and agreed that such an extension to
iGeom would be straightforward.)  Attached to this email is a patch that
implements an iGeom_createCone function, with an interface derived from
createCylinder.

Indeed, the new function is almost identical to createCylinder.  If we
want to avoid adding more functions to iGeom, it would be possible to
simply extend the createCylinder function to accept one more argument,
thus giving it the capacity to define cones as well as cylinders.  But
perhaps it is better to leave the existing cylinder interface as it is,
and add a new cone function like the one I've attached.

If the attached patch meets the approval of the lead developers, I'd ask
one of them to apply it to the repository.  Thanks.

(By the way, it seems like the svn repository may have gone down this
afternoon; I'm currently unable to contact it.)
~S