[AG-TECH] Debian broken packages...

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 17 19:40:45 CDT 2011

On 18/10/2011, at 12:12 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 17/10/2011, at 10:05 PM, Miguel A- Sáez Llorente wrote:
>
>> Hello!,
>>
>> I'm trying to install the AG3 package on two computers with Debian
>> Squeeze, i get the same error on both:
>>
>> root at agserver:/home/user# apt-get install accessgrid3.2
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>> accessgrid3.2 : Depends: agcommon but it is not installable
>>                 Depends: ag-vic2.8ucl but it is not installable
>>                 Depends: ag-rat but it is not installable
>>                 Depends: quickbridge but it is not installable
>>                 Depends: vpcscreen but it is not installable
>> E: Broken packages
>>

>> root at agserver:/home/user# uname -a
>> Linux agserver 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem #1 SMP Mon Oct 3 05:03:32 UTC
>> 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
>>
>> I'm not sure if something is wrong on my installation or the source
>> packages are bad. Would be nice if someone can take a loot into
>> this...
>
> Miguel,
>
> I just had a quick look at this - I removed the accessgrid3.2 package
> as well as the dependencies you mentioned above which would not
> install for some reason. I then installed again as you did (except I
> ran as ordinary user and used sudo). They all installed as expected -
> I was unable to reproduce your problem.
>
> I wonder if you have the same Debian repositories enabled that I do?
> In my /etc/apt/sources.list, I have listed:
> deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>
> i.e. main, contrib and non-free repositories. Do you have all these
> enabled?

Another question - what architecture are you trying?

At the moment, only amd64 is available for the dependent packages
you're having problems with. I'll have to create the i386 versions if
thats the architecture you're using.

chris

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland