[AG-TECH] Debian broken packages...

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 17 09:12:20 CDT 2011

On 17/10/2011, at 10:05 PM, Miguel A- Sáez Llorente wrote:

> Hello!,
>
> I'm trying to install the AG3 package on two computers with Debian
> Squeeze, i get the same error on both:
>
> root at agserver:/home/user# apt-get install accessgrid3.2
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  accessgrid3.2 : Depends: agcommon but it is not installable
>                  Depends: ag-vic2.8ucl but it is not installable
>                  Depends: ag-rat but it is not installable
>                  Depends: quickbridge but it is not installable
>                  Depends: vpcscreen but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>

> root at agserver:/home/user# uname -a
> Linux agserver 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem #1 SMP Mon Oct 3 05:03:32 UTC
> 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I'm not sure if something is wrong on my installation or the source
> packages are bad. Would be nice if someone can take a loot into
> this...

Miguel,

I just had a quick look at this - I removed the accessgrid3.2 package
as well as the dependencies you mentioned above which would not
install for some reason. I then installed again as you did (except I
ran as ordinary user and used sudo). They all installed as expected -
I was unable to reproduce your problem.

I wonder if you have the same Debian repositories enabled that I do?
In my /etc/apt/sources.list, I have listed:
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

i.e. main, contrib and non-free repositories. Do you have all these
enabled?

chris

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland