[AG-TECH] Debian broken packages...

Miguel A- Sáez Llorente miguelangel.saez at usc.es
Tue Oct 18 02:41:36 CDT 2011

Hello,

Thanks for ur fast replies.

I have tried installing it with a regular user using sudo and i still
get the same error.

The repositories im using are the next ones:

    /deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main///
    //
    /deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/squeeze main/

    /deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main/
    /deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main/

Both computers are using i686 architecture so i guess thats the problem
if only amd64 packages are available for those dependencies.

El 18/10/2011 2:40, Christoph Willing escribió:

> On 18/10/2011, at 12:12 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:
>

>> On 17/10/2011, at 10:05 PM, Miguel A- Sáez Llorente wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install the AG3 package on two computers with Debian
>>> Squeeze, i get the same error on both:
>>>
>>> root at agserver:/home/user# apt-get install accessgrid3.2
>>> Reading package lists... Done
>>> Building dependency tree
>>> Reading state information... Done
>>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>>
>>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>> accessgrid3.2 : Depends: agcommon but it is not installable
>>>                 Depends: ag-vic2.8ucl but it is not installable
>>>                 Depends: ag-rat but it is not installable
>>>                 Depends: quickbridge but it is not installable
>>>                 Depends: vpcscreen but it is not installable
>>> E: Broken packages
>>>

>>> root at agserver:/home/user# uname -a
>>> Linux agserver 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem #1 SMP Mon Oct 3 05:03:32 UTC
>>> 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if something is wrong on my installation or the source
>>> packages are bad. Would be nice if someone can take a loot into
>>> this...
>>
>> Miguel,
>>
>> I just had a quick look at this - I removed the accessgrid3.2 package
>> as well as the dependencies you mentioned above which would not
>> install for some reason. I then installed again as you did (except I
>> ran as ordinary user and used sudo). They all installed as expected -
>> I was unable to reproduce your problem.
>>
>> I wonder if you have the same Debian repositories enabled that I do?
>> In my /etc/apt/sources.list, I have listed:
>> deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
>> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>>
>> i.e. main, contrib and non-free repositories. Do you have all these
>> enabled?
>

> Another question - what architecture are you trying?
>
> At the moment, only amd64 is available for the dependent packages
> you're having problems with. I'll have to create the i386 versions if
> thats the architecture you're using.
>

> chris
>

> Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
> Research Computing Centre
> University of Queensland

Miguel A. Sáez Llorente
Soporte tareas multimedia - ATIC

Univ. Santiago de Compostela (USC)
Rúa de José María Suárez Núñez (Campus Sur) - Pavellón de Servicios
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

E-mail: miguelangel.saez at usc.es
Tel:    (+34 881811000) ext. 13035 / Directo 881813035
Tel AG: (+34 881811000) ext. 16273 / Directo 881970144
Fax:    +34  981547070
Web:    http://www.usc.es/atic

https://connectnow.acrobat.com/miguelangelsaez770