[AG-TECH] AG VenueClient 3.2 and 32-bit Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty)

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon May 9 15:56:14 CDT 2011

On 09/05/2011, at 11:13 PM, Jared Evans wrote:

> Note: I use bridging when joining a venue.
>
> When I join a venue, I'm able to see other participants and the group
> text chat.  However, vic doesn't automatically pop up with all the
> videos ready to be viewed.
>
> To view the videos, I have to take the following steps:
>
> 1) Tools -- Use Multicast
> This causes vic to show up but only with my local video viewable.
>
> 2) Tools -- Use Unicast
> This causes all the other videos to show up in vic and the are
> viewable.

Jared,

I believe you're seeing a known bug #1949. It appears to be related to
the python version (2.7) which is the default on both Ubuntu Natty and
Fedora 14. It also seems restricted to venues at the ANL venue server;
as another test of that theory, try the APAG server at:
	https://vv3.ap-accessgrid.org:8000/Venues/default

chris

> This may have been overlooked for clients who have to resort to using
> bridges to join venues, and the client shouldn't need to make this
> multicast/unicast switch in order to see the videos.  Also, the
> "Always use unicast bridges instead of multicast" option is checked.

> Jared Evans
> Special Projects, Gallaudet Technology Services
> jared.evans at gallaudet.edu

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland