[AG-TECH] Fwd: AG setup

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sat Dec 3 15:28:10 CST 2011

On 04/12/2011, at 6:02 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> I believe he is running SUSE Linux 12.3ish - any ideas?

Todd,

Presuming he has his video/audio setup and saved as the default
configuration ....

We saw a similar case recently. It turned out to be a jabber server
problem; when entering a new venue, the client's bajjer component
failed negotiation with the server and so didn't make to the video/
audio service startup. Interestingly, it didn't affect all venue
clients. Anyway, we found that restarting the jabber server solved the
problem.

Perhaps Martin could try connecting to an APAG venue to see whether he
has same/different result. He should do this after restarting his
venue client and without trying to enter any of his usual venues first
(since that may put his bajjer component in a weird state after
failing to negotiate with his normal jabber server).

chris

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland