[AG-TECH] Fwd: AG setup

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sat Dec 3 17:15:00 CST 2011

On 04/12/2011, at 7:28 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 04/12/2011, at 6:02 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
>
>> I believe he is running SUSE Linux 12.3ish - any ideas?
>
> Todd,
>
> Presuming he has his video/audio setup and saved as the default
> configuration ....
>
> We saw a similar case recently. It turned out to be a jabber server
> problem; when entering a new venue, the client's bajjer component
> failed negotiation with the server and so didn't make to the video/
> audio service startup. Interestingly, it didn't affect all venue
> clients. Anyway, we found that restarting the jabber server solved
> the problem.
>
> Perhaps Martin could try connecting to an APAG venue to see whether
> he has same/different result. He should do this after restarting his
> venue client and without trying to enter any of his usual venues
> first (since that may put his bajjer component in a weird state
> after failing to negotiate with his normal jabber server).

One other possibility -

there have been some bug reports (buzilla #1949, #1957) which seem to
implicate the most recent versions of the python and twisted packages
used in the reporting platforms. In particular twisted versions > 8.2
and python version > 2.6. I think this means Fedora >= 14, definitely
Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10 (natty & oneiric). I'm not sure what versions of
these packages are on SUSE 12.3 etc., but that may be worth looking at.

chris